Logo Casino Bonus Min. Deposit Play now
New to online Blackjack? Don’t worry; our comprehensive guide will help you to learn everything you need to know about this fantastic card game. Blackjack or 21 is a classic casino game that combines skill, luck, and fun. It is among the few real money casino games where you can beat the house using effective strategies. Real money blackjack is built with Random Number Generator (RNG) software, which ensures that the results are randomly generated and fair at all times. The RNG software must be tested and certified by a recognizable independent third party firm to ensure that it is unbiased.
There are numerous online casinos offering a wide range of blackjack variations like Blackjack Switch, Spanish 21, Pontoon, Blackjack Switch, etc. You can play online Blackjack for fun or real money across different devices such as smartphones, tablets, and personal computers.
With such a huge number of online blackjack Australian sites, there are some shady casinos which don’t offer fair games or never pay when you win. But you don’t have to worry as we have used every resource available to analyze our top Australian Online Blackjack Casinos. We rate our casinos based on:
- Size of bonuses and promotions
- Fast deposit and withdrawal options
- Best Payid withdrawal casino website
- Number of games available
- High payout percentages
- Mobile compatibility
- VIP Program
- Secure and licensed
- Remarkable customer support
Top Australian Online Blackjack Casinos
The following are the leading online Blackjack casinos accepting Aussie based gamblers:
Fair Go Casino
- 100% welcome bonus up to AU$1000
- Attractive VIP program
- Biggest $10 deposit pokies websites
- A wide range of RTG powered casino games
- Convenient banking options for deposits and withdrawals
- Secured with 128-bit SSL encryption
- Experienced customer support available via email and live chat
- An extensive game selection from leading providers
- Generous bonus offers
- A range of reliable payment options
- Well-structured Loyalty or VIP program
- Friendly customer support team
- More than 600 high-quality casino games
- Powered by multiple renowned game developers like Betsoft, iSoftbet, and NetEnt
- Variety of deposit and withdrawal methods
- Quick payout pokies
- Available on mobile and PCs
- Offers 24/7 customer support via email, live chat and telephone
Uptown Pokies Casino
- Offers instant and downloadable games from Real Time Gaming (RTG)
- Fully optimized to be used on Android, iOS and Windows devices
- Decent welcome bonus up to $2500
- Wide selection of payment options including Bitcoin
- Protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption
- Unparalleled customer support service
Planet 7 Casino
- Accepts payment in Australian Dollar (AUD)
- High bonuses and frequent promotions
- Player support available 24/7 via email and telephone
- Supports different payment options including ewallets and debit/credit cards
- A vast game collection from Real-Time Game (RTG) developers
Joe Fortune Casino
- Offers more than 400 fair casino games
- Powered by iSoftbet, RTG and Rival software
- Widely accepted and secure banking options
- 200% welcome bonus up to AU$1000
- Online transactions and data is protected using 128-bit SSL encryption technology
- Customer support service offered via direct message, email or live chat
Online Blackjack for Real Money in Australia
Australian online casino blackjack lovers have a vast selection of blackjack variations to choose from. As aforementioned, they are designed with RNG software, which ensures that all results are randomly generated. You can play Blackjack online Australian themed games while on the go from your smartphone and tablet or in your house. Most Aussie players love online real money blackjack game because it is convenient, available in many variations and has a favorable house edge as compared to other casino games. The best Australian online blackjack casino sites offer popular variations including:
- Double Exposure Blackjack
- European Blackjack
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Multi-hand Atlantic City Blackjack
- Blackjack Switch
Live Dealer Online Blackjack Australia
Many casinos now offer online Blackjack real dealer games using live video streaming, which brings the thrilling experience of brick and mortar casinos at the convenience of your home. With friendly and knowledgeable real human dealers, real casino environment, and equipment, these games allow you to benefit from both dimensions. Some of these games are offered by standard online casinos while others are streamed live from studios. Live dealer online casino games are developed by well-respected software companies in the iGaming world such as Evolution Gaming, Net Entertainment, Microgaming, Ezugi and Playtech. These software companies employ the latest technology like Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to ensure that the games are fair at all time. Players in Australia have a wide range of live dealer variations to choose from including:
- Playtech Grand & Royale Blackjack
- Evolution Gaming Blackjack VIP Live
- NetEnt Blackjack VIP Live
- Microgaming Blackjack Live
- Ezugi Blackjack Atlantic City Live
- Evolution Gaming Blackjack Party Live
Mobile Online Real Money Blackjack
Nothing beats the fun of playing your favorite real money online blackjack games on the go. Most online blackjack Australian sites have real money blackjack app that is compatible with Android, Blackberry, Windows, and iOS powered smartphones and tablets. The games you will find in most blackjack apps will be determined by what is offered by the main casino site. These games are designed with the latest cutting edge technology like HTML5, which enables games to retain original graphics and flawless play.
Blackjack Rules – How to Play Blackjack
Blackjack is a traditional card game where you play against the dealer. The objective is to score a hand value as close to 21 as possible but not exceeding it. This explains why the game is commonly referred to as ‘Twenty one.’ A single blackjack table is designed to accommodate a total of seven, but each player faces the dealer separately.
As mentioned earlier, you can easily flip the house edge to your advantage using the right strategy and bonuses. You don’t have to be an expert in card counting to make this happen. Just find the get the right table, decent offers and play blackjack online Australian sites.
Before you sit at your preferred online blackjack real money table, it is essential to understand the card values. Cards ranging from 2 to 10 are equivalent to the value of the number on the face card. All the number cards are equal to the value marked on the card, while the face cards are equal to 10 except for Ace, which is similar to 1 or 11. Both land-based and internet casinos between one and eight-deck with 52 cards.
To start, one card face up is dealt with each player on the table from the leftmost to the rightmost and another card for the house/dealer face down. Another round of cards face up will be dealt with players and the house. The dealer will ask each player one-by-one if they want more cards after the initial deal. There are different decisions you can make once the cards are dealt:
- Hit: It means to request for an additional card. This decision can be taken when you have a hand with a low total value.
- Stand: It means you have a hand value close to 21, and you don’t want any more cards. Remember, the dealer always stand when he/she has a hand of seventeen.
- Split: When you are dealt two cards of the same value, you have the option to split them into two different hands, each with its bet. Sometimes splitting is a good move, but it can lead to a loss.
- Double Down: If you are sure about your first two cards or think that the dealer will bust, then doubling down is the best move. However, you are only allowed to draw a card once.
To know how to beat the dealer’s hand, you need to understand how the rules affect them. Although the dealer uses the same rules all the time, the same rules are designed to favor the house in the long run. They ensure that the dealer’s game is perfect at all times. The casino pays out immediately when you land a winning hand, except when the dealer has an Ace or any other card worth 10 points as the face-up card. This is because if the dealer also gets a blackjack hand, then it is considered a draw. The real money blackjack game offers varying table limits from one casino to another. Each blackjack table can have a maximum bet limit ranging from $50 to $50,000.
Blackjack Insurance: This is a wager on whether or not the dealer has 21 right of the deal, where players lay half of their initial bets. The house pays the insurance bets at the odds of 2 to 1. The player loses the initial bet if the dealer has a hand of 21.
Blackjack Surrender: Depending on the casino site, you may be allowed to reduce your losses by giving up half of your bets after the first deal.
How to Win at Blackjack
Online real money blackjack games attract low and high stake players alike because of the fact that you can use a strategy to change the odds in your favor. There are several things that can be done to increase your chances of winning when you play online Blackjack. In this section, we look at the best ways to increase your chances of winning in online Blackjack.
Understand the Game: Knowing when to stand, hit, double, split, or surrender will lower your chances of losing your money. You can use basic strategy when you play free online Blackjack or real money blackjack.
Apply Conservative Approach: This strategy requires you to increase your wager after every win. It is based on the belief that you might lose five times in a row and land three huge consecutive wins.
Use the Martingale System: Although this strategy suits high roller players, it has enormous potential payouts. It requires you to double your bet every after a lost wager.
Play with 1-3-2-6 Betting System: The great thing about this strategy is that you don’t require a large bankroll to play. Also, it is designed to ensure that you don’t lose all your money at once.
Avoid Taking Insurance: If you are a smart player, you should understand that taking insurance may lead to substantial possible losses.
Master the Rules: Makes sure you know the rules of the specific blackjack table you are playing at before you sit.
Practice makes perfect: Online Blackjack is available in free and real money versions. It is essential to practice with the trial version before you advance to playing for real money.
How to Play Blackjack at a Casino
Playing Blackjack in an online casino is not as complicated as such. Like most casino games, this game can be played for free or real money. Once you have decided which variations you wish to play, head to any of our top rated Australian online blackjack casinos and choose any that appeal to you. If you are new, you will be required to create an account and deposit funds before you can play the real money version. Head to the casino game lobby and select from blackjack category any variation you would like to play. What makes Blackjack attractive is that the standard rule applies to all variations. Most games will require you to place a minimum stake of $5 up to a maximum of $500 per hand. If you are a novice, we recommend you first play the free version before you proceed to gamble for real money.
Regardless, you are new or experienced online blackjack player; you will require some tips to increase your chances of winning. Here are some tips from professional blackjack gamblers to help you:
- You should never split a hand of two 5s
- Always split a hand with two Aces, 8s, 7s, 8s, and 9s
- Hit on a hard eight or less
- Never drink and play
- Always stand on 17 if the dealer’s card shows 7 or less
- Consider the dealer’s face-up the card before you make a decision
- Take a hit when the dealer’s card is seven or higher, and you have between 12 and 16
- Learn bankroll management skills
- Never split pairs of 10 value cards: 10s, Jacks, Queens or Kings